Medical Officers at the Plymouth County Sheriff's Department are licensed RNs and LPNs that provide routine and emergency health care to male inmates.
Why Choose a career as a Medical Officer?
- Competitive Pay
- Bonuses and Overtime
- Shift and step raises
- Education incentives
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Paid holidays and vacations
- Veteran benefits
Join a team of professionals working in a safe and structured environment with opportunuities for advancement.
Plymouth County Sheriff's Department is an equal opportunity employer. The department does not discriminate based on race, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, age (if 40 years of age or older), sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, color, veteran status, handicap, pregnancy or a condition related to said pregnancy.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- • Prepares and distributes medication for the inmate population.
- • Performs medical intakes, medical history and required diagnostic tests on new commitments.
- • Takes inventories of medications, first-aid kits and other supplies.
- • Updates inmate files, medication records and physician files as needed.
- • Schedules outside medical appointments as required.
- • Responds to medical emergencies and accompanies such cases to the hospital when needed.
- • Delivers medication to Administrative Segregation and Protective Custody inmates.
- • Maintains and updates daily log of shift activities.
- • Assists physician with sick calls and conducts medical treatments as directed by the physician.
- • Administers medical attention to employees in the event of an industrial accident or emergency.
Download Application (Save to your computer and then fill out. Do not fill out form in browser window.)